Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Happy Tuesday

Hi there!!! I hope you all had a lovely long weekend. I know some of you had fabulous bbq's and pool parties for Memorial Day. Not so much over here. While the kids played outside, the hubby and I tried (tried) to organize the mess we call our garage. It was definitely a HUGE task and we are nowhere near done, but we made some good headway.

I'm not going to bother showing you the "after" picture because you'll probably still think it looks like a 'before" pic. But, like I said, we made some good progress and there is still more to be done.

We flew a kite though, to make it feel more like a holiday...ha ha. Noah got tired of holding it so we attached it to our basketball hoop.
(it's that tiny dot up there in the sky).

I did manage to finish a project though. Remember this sticky lady???

She got a bit of a makeover :)


I wanted a little pop of color so I sprayed the handle aqua (of course). I think it looks extra fun and fancy :)
And here is where she's going to live :)



It's some super fancy "girly" storage ;)

And now I can look at this cute little guy while I "take care of business....ha ha. Eew."
I went a little extra distressed on this one and I love how it came out :)
Yay for keepers!!!! For $5 and some spray paint, I'd say she's a steal of a deal!
Happy Tuesday people!!!


13 comments:

  1. I love how the nightstand/table thing turned out! It has found a perfect home!

    And I love your fancy girly storage! I keep mine in a little decorative bucket, all standing up like they're flowers (in the medicine cabinet). It's the little things that make me happy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha ha ha! Both you and Cassie talked about tampons today! Ok, anyway, glad you got some work done on your garage (we totally need to do that). Did people think you were having a garage sale? ;) The cabinet looks perfect in the bathroom and I love the extra distressed look!

    ReplyDelete
  3. rebecca's right- we did both talk about tampons! awesome!!!
    love the table and it couldn't fit there any better... it was made for that spot! and it loks adorable... love the painted handle.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love it and for $5, even better. I really like the handle.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awesome $5 table! I love it, especially the handle! Our garage is calling my name, but I'll prob put it off for a couple more weeks! Lol!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Dang it, looks like I missed the memo that it was talk about tampons in your post day lol! You know I love the table! Really pretty Ali! And I totally understand the before and after looking the same when it comes to cleaning up the garage. We call ours the black hole.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow...you do have a lot of stuff!

    I am loving how you went opposite on the side table and gave the drawer pull a color. It looks so cool....

    I guess I should mention the tampons since everyone else is....great storage idea...hee hee...really don't know what else to say regarding that....

    Take care,
    Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  8. It looks perfect in there!! :) Nice work sister!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm glad to hear I'm not the only one who didn't bbq this weekend...

    That Frenchy side table turned out so, so, so great, Ali. The pull is a fun punch of color! And you have my respect for not only posting photos of tampons on your blog, but cracking a potty joke, too! I don't think I'll ever grow out of potty humor. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. How cute is that little side table! I love the turquoise handle~ so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks for posting to my party, but you are going to scare my followers away using the tampon post...LOL!

    Hmmm...worthy of a feature? LOL!!

    ReplyDelete

I think I'm a comment-a-holic :)