Monday, February 28, 2011

A boy and a dream...

Little Hayden's 2nd b-day is right around the corner and her silly willy big brother Noah had his own idea about what her party should be like. So, my 2 boys got right to work.
My hubby is such a patient man and really let Noah do a lot of the work. It's very sweet to watch them in action.
Next it was time for the little guy to help me make it pretty. Combine a boy's dream with a mommy's need to make everything pretty and you have pure magic! (please forgive me my cluttered garage....it's....yeah. It's.......there are no words).
In my efforts to amp up the cute factor, we needed fabric. I had this old white cotton curtain panel laying around so I put it to good use.
I snipped off those tabs, taped on some stripes, got out my craft paint and got to painting.
Wallah! Sunny yellow stripes! Do you know what it's going to be???? Drum roll pleae..........
Ta-daa!!!!! A Sunny lemonade stand for our young entrepreneur. Our boy LOVES lemonade stands and has wanted to have one for a long long time. Every time kids are having one at the park near our house, he begs and begs to have one of his very own. We figured, who better for him to serve sweet lemonade to than our loving family and friends at Hayden's party.
Hand painted stripes, pom poms, hounds tooth ribbon. Just {DREAMY} for this party planning, detail obsessed mama.
I staged it quickly for these photos, and no, the lemonade stand will not be a permanent fixture in our kitchen. For the party it will go in our backyard (weather permitting of course). AND, this is definitely Noah's lemonade stand and while his plastic toy cash register wasn't cute enough for these photos, it will most certainly be in full effect on the party day so he can "ring people up" and make change. He's classic that boy, classic! I plan to make little baggies of quarters for our guests to buy lemonade with (don't worry, we won't be making our guests buy their beverages with their own money, ha ha). I'll have tons of pictures of Noah's lemonade stand in action after the birthday bash, but I thought I would give you a peek at our recent masterpiece. Martha Stewart, watch out!! Isn't it cute!!?? I think I'm in love :)
Oh yeah - and to make the banner, I just cut squares from the left over fabric with pinking shears. I hand painted some yellow polka dots first, and then free-handed the letters with black craft paint. Next I used my glue gun to glue the squares to some twine. Then, I hot glued mini clothespins to the top of the posts so I could clip the banner on. Easy Peasy People! Cheers!!!

25 comments:

  1. oh my gosh!!!! that is the cutest thing i have ever seen!!! your boys and you did a wonderful job- you did a beautiful job with the painted letters- i am impressed!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think I'll hire him:) What a wonderful idea for a big brother to think of something like that. It looks fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  3. OH MY CUTENESS!! That is adorable!! It is so much cuter than the ones you can buy!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awww... What a cute idea! That is the FANCIEST lemonade stand I've ever seen!

    ReplyDelete
  5. ADORABLE!! Just adorable! LOVE it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is soooo cute! What a great idea for him to be involved at the party and I'm sure he'll be so proud that he made his lemonade stand. What a great little entrepreneur you have on your hands! Can't wait to see it in action :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. That is the absolute cutest lemondade stand I have ever seen! I love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Adorable! I'm stopping by from the Power of Paint party! I love this little lamonade stand!

    ReplyDelete
  9. the lemonade stand is too cute. love it
    and im your newest follower

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great idea! What's the theme for the party?

    ReplyDelete
  11. Could that be any cuter? Just super duper adorable, Ali!

    ReplyDelete
  12. This looks super! I lovethat your son got involved too--what a cutie.
    http://itsybitsypaper.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. that is beyond cute!!! you are a great mommy -- he'll remember this stand for the rest of his life!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is so cute! LOVE the yellow stripes! Just came across your blog and I'm a new follower.

    ReplyDelete
  15. So cute! I would totally pay for lemonade at that stand with my own money. Or maybe with the money I steal from my kids' piggy banks, but that's kind of the same thing anyway. The Tooth Fairy giveth and the Tooth Fairy taketh away.

    ReplyDelete
  16. This is adorable! Love the idea that your son can "sell" lemonade at the party. Him and his dad did a great job on it.

    ReplyDelete
  17. this looks beautiful! love the yellow stripes, looks so much like summer!
    cheers, Sibylle (http://fun.kyti.me)

    ReplyDelete
  18. What a cute project. I'm your newest follower. I would love it if you linked your project up to my link party on Monday.
    More The Merrier Monday.

    http://diyhshp.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  19. That is really precious! What sweet memories you and your husband are making for the babies!

    ReplyDelete
  20. This is darling! He'll take all the business from the other lemonade stands in town--LOL. You did a great job. I featured your post on my Friday Favorites list. Thank you for sharing such a cute idea!

    ReplyDelete
  21. So cute my little guy wants a stand for the summer. I will have to get on this.
    http://www.couturiermommy.com/

    ReplyDelete
  22. Oh my this is adorable - and this is coming from a 27 year old with no kids. Seriously I might make one to put on our porch for partys its so damn cute you guys are sooo talented and inspiring thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  23. I love this! So sweet ... simply adorable! You did a fantastic job!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Love this tutorial! Great that the whole family pitched in. Hope you enter it into our Party Tutorial Contest at http://www.purejoyeventsblog.com/2011/03/party-tutorial-contest.html

    ReplyDelete
  25. Your idea to paint fabric with the bold lemon stripes is BRILLIANT! I love this! I may be forcing my two kids to have a lemonade stand this weekend... if only they weren't too old for this sort of thing (how come they are and I'm not??? Love it!!

    ReplyDelete

I think I'm a comment-a-holic :)